Changing & Choosing Cleaning Providers
Whatever business you are in, cleanliness is important. Your Sunshine Coast customers and employees alike will judge your business and its professionalism based at least partly on how clean your premises are.
While you may have a cleaning contract already in place, sometimes cleaning companies do not live up to their promises or your expectations. When that happens, you may decide that it’s time to change your commercial cleaning company.
Deciding to change your commercial cleaning company is not an easy one. There are many cleaning companies in the Sunshine Coast region, so choosing one can seem like a mammoth task.
The idea of starting over with another company can be offputting and, if you have had poor experiences with more than one company, you may wonder if it’s worth the effort. But, with a little due diligence you can ensure that your next commercial cleaning contractor always makes the right impression.
So how do you select your next Sunshine Coast cleaning company? Jenco Contract Cleaners has a few tips.
Request a site visit
Any reputable commercial cleaning company will not only be happy to carry out a site visit before quoting – they will insist on it. Carrying out a detailed site survey is the only way to really understand your business needs, and to provide an accurate quotation. It will also enable them to identify any particular areas of concern.
A detailed quotation
A reliable commercial cleaning company will provide a comprehensive quotation, which will describe the exact proposed cleaning schedule and tasks, the time it will take, how many staff they propose to dedicate to your site, and whether they provide consumables such as bin bags, toilet rolls, and hand towels.
As a business, you probably don’t want cleaning contractors on your premises during your business hours, whether they are 9-5, or eight until late. You may have additional considerations, such as preferring that your site is secured by your own staff. A good cleaning company will be able to provide their services at a time that meets your needs.
As you already know, the cleanliness of your premises impacts the impression that people have of your Sunshine Coast business. It’s common for cleaning companies to ensure that your site is left sparkling when they first begin the contract, but over time complacency can set in, leading to a drop in standards.
Effective quality control is essential to prevent this from happening. Ask potential cleaning contractors what quality control measures they have in place, and how they monitor their cleaners and contracts.
How professional does the company appear? Are they insured? Do they follow best industry practice to prevent cross-infection, for example? How do they document and implement health and safety? Do they use commercial-quality products? Are their staff uniformed? Do they ensure that they get references for new employees? Is the company prepared to provide references from current clients?
The Jenco difference
Jenco Contract Cleaning meets all of the above requirements, as standard:
- We meet all of our potential clients at their premises, to enable us to really understand your requirements. We request that as much information as possible be shared with us at this meeting to enable us to create an accurate quote.
- A proposal is created based on our meeting and understanding of your needs, including a detailed cleaning schedule. We start work as soon as we have your completed and signed cleaning agreement.
- A cleaning schedule checklist is issued to our staff so that you can be confident that work is completed to the agreed specifications. Our staff remain on the premises until the work is completed to the highest standards.
- We work with security staff to ensure that premises are left safe and secure when our staff leave. Our staff are uniformed and police checked.
- Industry best practice is always followed. This includes using coloured-coded cloths to prevent contamination between areas, and special attention paid to the cleaning of high-contact areas such as door handles and taps.
- We use only biodegradable, industry standard cleaning products that combine effective cleaning with minimal environmental impact.
- We contact our clients on a regular basis to ensure that we are meeting your expectations and so any problems can be addressed immediately.
If you need a cleaning service for your Sunshine Coast business premises or commercial property, call Jenco Contract Cleaners on 0413 090 363 or complete our contact form, for a free, no obligation quotation. We look forward to hearing from you.